- Category: Tulsa Oilers
- Hits: 315
TULSA, OK – It took three-on-three overtime to break a scoreless tie, but Greger Hanson scored with 1:40 left in the extra period as the Allen Americans defeated the Tulsa Oilers 1-0 Tuesday at the BOK Center.
Photo / TeeJay Crawford
Oilers goaltender Colin Stevens turned away 13 Allen shots stemming from three first period power plays, including a 5-on-3 opportunity for the Americans.
On his way to his first shutout of the season, Americans goalie Riley Gill turned away all 18 Tulsa shots in the first two periods. He finished with 25 saves for the game.
Stevens and Gill matched each other save for save in the final frame, as the two teams skated towards overtime for the second time in the last nine days. Stevens stopped back-to-back breakaway opportunities in the extra period, before Allen’s Hansen scored on the third for his team-leading tenth goal of the season.
The Oilers travel to Allen Friday and Saturday for two more games this week with the Americans, before the team gets five days off. Both games can be heard be heard on www.tulsaoilers.com, “Listen Live”, or on ECHL.TV, with coverage starting at 6:50pm CT.
- Category: Tulsa Oilers
- Hits: 373
- Record: 14-5-1-0 (First in the ECHL, 1st Western Conference, 1st Central Division)
- Home: 10-2-1-0, Away 4-3-0-0.
- PIMs total is 286 (14.3 pims/gm - 11th)
- Scoring first: 9-1-1-0
- Other team scores first: 5-4-0-0
- 25th in the league overall PP: (9.3%; 7g-75pp)
- 26th in the league overall PK: (74.3%; 18g-70pks)
- 2nd in league overall shorthanded goals for (5g in 20 games)
- Late bloomers - The Oilers have scored 17 goals in the first period, 20 goals in the second period and 25 goals in the third.
- Tulsa has outshot their opponents 689-625 through 20 games.
- Holding late leads - The Oilers are unbeaten when they lead after two periods.
- Record: 8-11-0-0 (20th ECHL, 11th Western Conference, 6th Mountain Division)
- Home: 3-4-0-0. Away: 5-7-0-0
- PIM total: 367 (19.3 pims/gm - 2nd)
- Scoring first: 5-1-0-0
- Other team scores first: 3-10-0-0
- 26th in the league overall PP: (7.8%; 6g - 77pp)
- 21st in the league overall PK: (81.2%; 16g - 85pks)
- 26th in the league on shorthanded goals against (6 in 19 games).
- First period struggles: Allen allows a 2 to 1 margin of goals against in the first frame (13gf 26ga)
- While they do outshoot their opponents in the third (226-183), this is not the case in the opening two periods (204-240; 196-218)
- Goals - Adam Pleskach (10g)
- Assists: Christophe LaLancette (9a)
- Plus/Minus: Adam Pleskach (+16)
- Points: Adam Pleskach (16p = 10g + 6a)
- Goals: Gregor Hanson (9g)
- Assists: Chad Costello (19a)
- Plus/Minus: Joel Chouinard (+12)
- Points: Chad Costello (25p = 6g + 19a)